Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,937 Views
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33434]
Have a issue with car door and hatch door are not aligned at top floor and I can’t get door to close and it won’t open because the restrictor is set so I have the car at top floor and the doors are not closed all the way because of release assembly messed up so I can’t open or close doors
Only way to fix is to run car off of the rollers of the hatch door , but I need to get car on Access to run car bypassing the doors , can’t use the bypass on cartop because I can’t access cartop, so I need to know if there is a way to enable hoistway access from MR ?? Remember I can’t close the door fully or open it because of restrictor is latched ?? Would appreciate any info to get car on access from MR then I can use the hoistway key switch to run down



   
Quote
(@Alto101)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Get on the cartop. run on inspection and lean over to watch the roller approach the clutch. You should visually see which way the rollers need to move.
run back down make adjustments from the cartop. then repeat till you get proper clearance.
I usually set GAL clutch about 1/16-1/8 from touching the bar( maybe is called a vein)
The older clutches sometimes the rollers need to be pulled out some to lift the restrictor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Gen 2 have a retracting clutch where you can’t separate doors , the car is at top floor, the release roller got jammed between the outside of clutch so now there’s the fixed roller in the clutch and the movable not in the clutch so now the doors won’t fully close or open because the car door restrictor is latched. I don’t have enough space to try to remove the roller because the door is almost fully closed but is impossible to make door lock because of the movable roller is not aligned with the clutch so the only way to get the doors separated is to move car down and rollers will be out of the clutch. So I can’t move car with open doors and the only way to do it is to put on hoistway access but I can’t get into cab to put on access in the COP, and I can’t get on cartop because it’s at top floor to use bypass. So my question is can the Gen 2 be put on Access from MR controller with tool or any jumpers on board, dip switches?



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you can access the inside of the cabin, you should be able to access the Access enable switch on the COP. Once enabled, you should be able to use the access switch in the door jamb to move the cab.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Please Read the reply! can’t access the cab because I can’t open door because of restrictor is attached and the hoistway doors can’t open or close
Only way to get doors to either open or close is to Move the car down



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You might be able to pole it from the floor below, but be careful, don't open the door too far. Don't want a fall down the shaft.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can’t you jump the door and gate lock from the machine room and run it down on MR inspection?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No you can’t it will fault out I believe if you jump the door locks and gate
JJR nice idea but not for me 😂
Plus it’s the only car for that riise if someone suggested to get on car next to it there is none

Last edited by Snkrhead; 07/19/22 07:10 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You should be able to barricade the top entrance and have a helper stand by. Place on MR insection. Place a jumper on the top door lock and car gate switch terminals. Run car down with MR inspection buttons. I believe the old Otis guys used to write up VBR on their billable callout tickets. Vane Behind Roller. I don't think it will fault out. Please keep us posted on your progress. You got this!



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You're right, Montana. It should only fault out if it's under normal operation. DLM is disabled on all forms of engineer mode. There might be a better, safer way of doing it. if the TOC run box on the cab top is wired directly to the main controller, you could just use the bypass switches and then jump out the connections for the TOC run box (making it think it's on TOC inspection). This method is actually safer because if you accidentally leave jumpers behind, the lift will remain in engineer mode and not attempt to run at all.

If the above applies, follow this video (please note, this is not an Otis controller, but the concept should be similar). Start from timestamp 2:22. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIwwCYa-M_4



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CAUTION! If for any reason you do need to use a jumper on MR Eng. mode, if at all possible, you should never jump both the cabin and hall door contacts simultaneously. That SHOULD ONLY be done as a LAST RESORT. No DLM system (if installed) is 100% failsafe. Only jump the contact of the applicable door that is not capable of closing. That way if DLM is not enable or fails, the lift won't move with doors open on normal service.

Don't forget about the Suzzane Hart story in NYC. Safety first!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Got it ! Actually removed the hoistway wiring from board and jumped the door locks and the gate
Got it down and boom door rollers were bent
Fixed and return to service



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you remember to remove all your jumpers? Don't want a big boo-boo.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes of course !!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sweet! Thanks for the update.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top