I have a 10 story building, in which we are about to undertake an elevator modernization project. I am getting conflicting information, so I thought I would pass it by you all.
Should we go with new Geared or Gearless Machines?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Both?
Cost Differential between the two?
Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated
In my opinion the Hollister whitney gearless machine would be the best although I have also had good experience with the Torn product too. The one job we used Imperial all the seals were leaking on the machines before the job was even turned over. While the Hollister may be more expensive they are made in the USA while Torin and Imperial are made in China.
In my opinion the Hollister whitney gearless machine would be the best although I have also had good experience with the Torn product too. The one job we used Imperial all the seals were leaking on the machines before the job was even turned over. While the Hollister may be more expensive they are made in the USA while Torin and Imperial are made in China.
Great reply here, I've worked alot with Torin machines, they are great, although you will need to adjust the brake setting as they are not set well in quietness, not difficult but could cause brake switch faults.
The old outfitted engine is greater and vitality escalated in light of the fact that it has a decrease box.
Gearless engine in lift applies some new material and new tech, which guarantee stable out-put of low speed and high torque. so the lessening box is scratched off and gearless engine is little and of basic structure.
Gearless devours less power so is more proficient however Geared is less expensive to purchase so Geared costs less however outfit less is less expensive to run. Presently the second part which is more mainstream : in low ascent Geared is more prominent and in skyscraper it's apparatus less… so prominence is portioned
And for cost i thing you better visit some elevator installer compant.