Elevator Forum

GAL 4 Traction issu...
 
Notifications
Clear all

GAL 4 Traction issue

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,702 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32928]
Having an intermittent issue with Quattro drive GAL4. Getting this UMotion Encoder Fault (see attached photos). Called GAL and they said to change Governor encoder which I did but fault is still occurring every 2 or 3 days. Almost seems like doors are still closing when this fault occurs when looking at the fault log. This job is in a hospital so getting a lot of visibility. Looking for any suggestions on how to correct. Thanks
Attachments
A9B5E6BC-B3E1-4B18-B23A-490E2ADAD375.jpeg (2.07 MB, 36 downloads)
DC611471-B893-4D6E-A783-BE4893E10F4D.jpeg (1.37 MB, 14 downloads)



   
Quote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you witnessed this happen? What are your parameter settings for your prestart sequence?

Last edited by Turbo6; 04/17/22 03:29 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev8ted)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On your I/O screen, you are missing UL and DZ and the doors are opened. It will trigger uncontrolled motion fault. Not sure if it is a new install or a job that has been runnig for a while.
1st I would check if your governor rope streched and if the rope slips in it, it wil screw you positioning, also if the encoder wires are ran less than 6" from other power source to avoid noises, guide shoes or rollers?
check that when the doors open or close if the cab moves and lose your leveling read switch. (Unless it is code bar tape).
Hope that helps!



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So after talking with GAL, had 1105 AN brake board and tech support told me it needed to be upgraded to 1105 BN. Since installing the newer brake board the fault has not recurred. Anyone experience that? I have other AN brake boards on G4 controllers that don’t have this issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I haven't had that issue in particular but I'm not suprised by what your saying. GAL didn't come up with a newer version of that board for fun.

It sounds like smartrises door lock boards. The original version went bad so frequently I'd joke they pop like popcorn. They came out with a new version that doesn't go bad. But interestingly enough I have a few cars with the original old style board running fine.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I guess what im trying to say is i don't find it that odd that even though a manufacturer came out with a updated board to address an issue that there are still examples of the older version still working without exhibiting that issue.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top