Elevator Forum

Flashing hat dove D...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Flashing hat dove DMC

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,296 Views
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39669]
Does a Dover dmc1a have the capability of wiring in a third zone for a flashing hat ? on my prints I only see two zones primary alternate.tia



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not that I know of.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That's what I thought they want to upgrade there fire panel and they have three sprinkler heads todays code requires flash hat probably no way to accomplish this without upgrading controller.thanks for your info



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In this situation my AHJ says to make it work if the controller is capable. Otherwise it doesn’t have to.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you want to get froggy and you have a couple spare travelers you can add a flasher relay and some simple circuitry. But you shouldnt have to add that because it wasn't required when the controller was installed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes but since they have sprinklers and they intend on keeping them they have to work with todays code



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you located? Where I am the requirement for stuff like that goes off the code data plate on the elevator. So if it was installed in 1990 at the 1985 asme17.1 code and flashing hat wasn't required then it wouldn't matter what they did to the fire alarm system because it wasn't required for that elevator when it was initially installed. They would only make us change it if we modded the elevator. I would look at your code books in a17.1 section 8.6 I believe is mod/ repair and I can't remember off the top of my head the fire service section



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where I'm at the flashing fire hat is the indicator for a machine room smoke detector trip. A heat detector trips the shunt trip disconnect prior to a sprinkler head blowing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That sounds about right



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
But the hat flash wasn’t required for the machine room smoke until 2004 or until Group 4 was adopted for CA.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top