Notifications
Clear all
06/09/2022 7:14 am
I have seen several C4 traction controllers from smartrise and have had lots of problems with them. The V2 hydraulic controller might be ok but the C4 version really sucks and is a complete failure. The boards are compact and small not because they have done a great job designing tiny boards! Its because either they don't know the required clearance between components or they decided not to follow the safety codes! The high voltage 120V inputs cannot be so jammed and small. It is simple physics and code! That's why they fail and catch fire all the time. This is my personal experience and understanding after analyzing several broken boards.
07/09/2022 7:55 am
Not a fan of Smartrise traction controls. Their processor boards are throw aways and pathetically slow. So slow in fact on this one job you can push a hall button and literally turn around to watch the other side latch. An then there are the annoying binary parameters which btw are not backed up when you do a software archive. Get one out of place after a power hit and your on the phone with their brilliant contestants. It won't be in their manual. Maybe on a duplex, 350ft/ min or less ok...Actually nothing out here these days impresses me. Ibox is probably the best game in town but MCE doesn't age well, never has. Galaxy was half way decent as an apartment system. Nothing I'd run at 1200 ft/min with a decent sized group.
04/11/2022 4:32 am
I have installed the M2000 , the pixel and smartrise V2 . And I do agree with a few of you , stay away from the C4 hydro or traction from smartrise ( disaster ) . We ended up using pixel for years on hydro and its user friendly , but until we start using a new controller this year Alpha Control , my boss ordered it and of course I complained , but after installing a few of them I love it , the product is fantastic and the tech support is top notch. The bluetooth software upload is a game changer ! .
Page 2 / 2
Prev