I've had union elevator repair out 6 times, they've checked everything, cleaned every nook and cranny, and have run up over $6K in charges and it still isn't working when we arrive in the mornings. They are suggesting a $20K computer upgrade kit. I feel like we're being taken to the cleaners, this elevator worked fine for the 6 years I've been here, until we switched to this new company (the old company was bought out and went up 50% on maintenance) It stopped working conveniently after they provided their first maintenance on it.
Obviously I need a 2nd set of eyes on it, I'm just wondering if this problem rings a bell to anyone.
The fact that it sits overnight and this inactivity triggers the problem may be a good clue.
Also, can you determine, when you arrive in the mornings what floor the elevator is on? Either a position indicator in the hallway or you can peek through the doors with a flashlight if they open from the center or from the side gap between the door panel and the door jamb to determine its location.
Any clue especially repetitive ones help the tech to narrow down the possibilities.
Service maintenance contracts aren’t cheap, but it sounds as if you either don’t have one or it’s the rock bottom contract which does not cover callbacks nor parts.
Does the building have a cleaning crew that arrives after hours? If so, might they be blocking the doors open to mop and dry the cabin floor? That could be an issue. Just a thought.
I Would also examine of the workings of the hydraulic valve, and checking the timer that shuts the pump off if it runs too long and does not reach an intended destination (or just releveling up to floor level, which is suspect in your case) which is reset by cycling the power. Trouble is, most shutdown faults are reset by cycling the main power, but yours is narrowed down to after hours.
Once we have the wiring diagram; we may be able to offer a solution.
More than once had I found that stupid F/S adjuster drift towards S when the three allen screws backed off just enough. Older valve as well as newer. Doing service work, who’d ever thought to check valve hardware? It’s like checking vic bolts…who does that? Until you’ve got a drip.
Has the technician disabled relevelling?
1. Maybe after standing all night the piston is sinking and the lift is slipping past the door zone sensor. And if this happens, the door won't open when a call is registered at the first floor. But technically it should answer other floor calls. Have you checked calling the lift from the upper floors when this happens?
2. Or maybe after some time period the door circuit is timing off and is not coming on when a call is registered.
I think it is point 1, and when power is switched off and on, the lift travels to the floor to reset its count and reenters the doorzone again to make the doors operate.Since you say that the lift works fine the whole day, I suspect it is a sinking/relevelling disabled problem.
If this is the case let us know and we can suggest corrective action.
Oh. New information.