Is there a software or website for user manuals for lifts?
I mean that if I go to fix KONE, OTIS, THYSSEN, etc elevators and I can see error code or errorled on the control board...I could check the code or led meaning online in few seconds.
Like they have these sites and tools for cars...OBD codes http://www.obd-codes.com/
you need to give the specific fault for that specific elevator and someone will try to help you. But Elev te 79 has it right, resetting a fault that you don't really understand can cause you some problems and there could be liability involved.
I do not understand. Would it not be better to know the error code You are dealing with rather not knowing it ? Without knowing it You just reset the system not really knowing what was wrong in it?
What is the difference in liability between cars and lifts? Is it not allways a responsibility of company making the repairs?
I have to be more clear. My idea was that is there this kind of site for elevator professionals?
I do understand that repairs has to be allways be made by professionals.
As it has been explain already.
THERE IS NO SUCH SITE FOR ELEVATOR ERROR CODES.
Error codes are generally proprietary information that each manufacturer designates to each of their models. Many different models = many different codes!
Now let me try and explain the difference of liability from cars to elevators. The person who owns the car usually is the operator of the car. The people who use elevators expect the owner to maintain their safety while using thier elevator. If you are resetting the system, then you are not maintaining it safely. If someone is injured using your elevator, and you have a history of just resetting the elevator system, you are negligent and liable...
Let me ask are you the owner of the elevators?
I meant to include this as well. If Someone were to give you help and guidance in repairing an elevator. And someone was hurt after you tried to fix it yourself. Not only are you liable but so is that person.
I try keep this in mind while I am posting!
There is no such thing as propriety information. All the information has to handed ower if asked by the lift owner.
So this means that if this information is somewhere to be found and is correct as in the original manual You can not be responsible of any misstakes made at site.
If I tell my friend there is gun in My house and he goes and shoots somebody with this gun am I responsible for murder?
That would be agains the free competition policy. At least in europe there is a law that restrict any company policy that is retricting free competition in the industry.
You can read more and be supriced 🙂
http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/competition/index_en.htm
Big four OTIS, KONE, SCHINDLER and THYSSEN are actually continuing the cartel IF they claim this kind of information is under copyright and nobody else is permitted to publish this kind of information.
Nobody can not not own this kind of information!!! Of course they can say itοΏ½s copyright but in real life it is not.
Maybe I should test this 🙂