Elevator Forum

Epoch 2 going shutt...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Epoch 2 going shutting down

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,835 Views
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5523]
I have a first gen epoch 2 mgc intermittenly taken itself out of service . Im having issues with my laptop logging on so I've been using the LEDs to check the shutdown state but it's pretty generic With our info we have.

General state of car

Runs on inspection no issues when switched from inspection too normal levels in opens doors for twenty thirty second gongs then nudges closed and goes out of service . I reset the car after going through all the normal checks locks,switches,relays,auxs etc. Car ran for about four hours and they just called and said its down again so I'll be back tomorrow any one got some pointers or more options for troubleshooting With out a tool?

Thanks

Board
TCP DS 11 com lost
TCP DS. 12 parity. Which I think is problem between TCP/MPT issue



   
Quote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Epoch2 like Mph2 use the TDC board for Operator control board..you might want to recheck your limits if not set right will take the car out of service..



   
ReplyQuote
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will definitely go through them and make sure there working



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Like they said, check/verify all (esp. DOL + DCL) signals first. Check/change your TCP power supply and/or the TCP PCB.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SEC Reject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ran in to a similar problem to this years ago. It turned out to be the car top processor box. The cooling fans had stopped working in it and there was a larger bundle of wires that were sitting directly on top of the processor. This was an early Epoch II, by the way.

Epoch II was eventually transitioned to the Miconic A name and included a whole host of progressive upgrades, including ditching the car top processor for HVM boards, etc...

Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top