Elevator Forum

elevonic 401 troubl...
 
Notifications
Clear all

elevonic 401 trouble

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
53.8 K Views
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good to hear, I think everyone is in one of those shutdown waves we are swamped in our office. The cop2 board should still be available if you do end up needing one it's a fairly easy swap.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Scott I have been following this forum with interest. I'm not really familiar with the 401 product but just looking at problems in a general sort of way. Since nobody is ever on the elevator when it decides to run into the pit, is there any chance of it being a cold motor field problem. During the day when it is used on a regular basis your control is fine. Anyhow, just a thought.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just an update, almost forgot about this one. I guess the problem was the PVT, as the car has not been in the pit for over a month now. I did happen to check the 40 test log a couple of weeks ago, and there were still a few postion control failures logged, along with the VMODE5 error. there have been no complaints though, oh well will wait and see.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's not a normal fault, I would swap out the processor.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's a bit to chime in, but,

I saw an Elevonic 401, (w/the processor on the car top), go into the pit when it was fully loaded. The construction superintendant keyed up his 6 watt walkie talkie, and it didnt just drift downward into the pit, it powered downward. The limits didnt catch it, ended up on the car buffer. Not the same problem, of course, just thought it was interesting.

Last edited by Vic; 04/25/11 09:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
i know this is an old post, but this problem has never been resolved. I thought maybe it was the pvt, since it kind of went away for a couple of months. unfortunately if you read all the posts, you will notice that the car used to end up in the pit every month or so, then progressively got worse, to the point of every few days. miraculously after replacing all the boards and components, except the ppt, the car ran for a couple months with no trouble. then the trouble started again. now it has been back to its old ways of being in the pit about once a month. i just replaced the ppt with the newer version, as this is the last component that has not been replaced, will keep u posted



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check around for a 5 foot error on those. Hint: 2 revolutions of PPT = 10 feet..Imagine if count was sitting right on the edge of being 2 revolutions or 1....All of a sudden position count would be 5 feet off...That's all I can say for now...

Damn... Too much Maker's Mark with my brother tonight...I think we fixed every elevator in the world. Now if only I could type..LOL..



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i have seen loose disconnect fuses/power problems that cause weird pcf's. have you megged your motor field? file you MC contact. they become pitted over time and cause over speeds. swap the power amps with another car to check those. when you upgraded the ppt it came with a new cable maybe the old one was damaged? def a persistent problem. spend the time and go over all the wiring, never know what the construction monkeys or the factory forgot to tighten/strip/pinch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well, It has been a couple of weeks since the new ppt was installed. I have registered no more PCF or Vmode5 errors while checking the 40 test. before replacing the ppt there would be at least 35 of each error each week. but not one complaint, until it went into the pit. One of the last calls before changing the ppt was strange. The mechanic called me out to check it out, it was occupied but not in the pit, he was able to get the person out, then started running it from the machine room. the car would run fine from the machine room, it would take a call , run for it slowdown normally and set the brake and then wait for another call, only problem was it was no where near the inner or outer door zones. it seemed that the whole selector count was off, probably having to do something with the 5 foot error. any way, we reset the controller, and the car initiated and went back to normal service. I thought that was strange. I will dig further into the 5 foot error thing. will keep you posted.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
prob a bad encoder in the ppt. the ram chip knew knew where it was. good to know its fixed. def an odd problem. I have seen that on a 411 SPPT, never hit the pit. did you know it was stopping out of the dz's before? thats the only sign to diagnose those encoder problems. or the coupling was loose.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top