Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Elevette Elevator

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,176 Views
(@Dr_Mike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40514]
I have been asked to solve a problem with an “Elevette” elevator made by Inclinator Company of America at a parsonage that has a ground floor, a second floor and attic. A few months ago, the elevator would go halfway up then stop between floors. I would have to go to the reversing contactor in the attic and manually push in the down part to make it go back down.

Now it will go up halfway and then on its on goes back down. Holding in the up button on the outside wall switch outside of the elevator does not make it go all the way up. It will still go back to the first floor. On the second floor there are two horizontal wall switches just above where the 2nd floor begins (photo attached). The elevator gets to the bottom switch and you can see that it is pressed it in but then the elevator will go back down before touching the top switch.

I took the bottom switch out and there are no obvious signs of anything wrong when taken apart. How does switch works? Is it to detect any obstructions?

Can anyone give me any ideas what might be causing this problem and the fix.

I have attached several photos I hope will help.

Thanks.

Attachments
Inside Elevator Info.jpeg (85.5 KB, 34 downloads)
Elevator Photos
Controller Box Label.jpeg (76.32 KB, 23 downloads)
Controller Box Label
Inside Controller Box.jpeg (104.26 KB, 29 downloads)
2nd Floor Switches.jpg (73 KB, 18 downloads)
Wall Switches



   
Quote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
look on one of those floor sw.
or open traveling cable

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9vzz... dl2vaelciysccfg&st=ua2bzdc4&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qprw... brv29aes33vwswg&st=zkz3bobh&dl=0

Last edited by NOTIME; 12/28/25 12:35 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Dr_Mike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the diagrams and what to look for!!!!

I am sure this will help a lot.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top