Elevator Forum

Dover wire contact ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover wire contact hydro running floor 2 floor

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.2 K Views
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#18375]
I have a Dover hydro with IBM wire contact relays that runs from 1st floor to 2nd floor non-stop. SU is in while running up, and as soon as it hits the door zone at floor 2, SD pulls, which brings in the down pilot, and once the doors finish their cycle, the car runs down. As soon as it hits door zone at floor 1, SU pulls...

According to the print, 1C, 2C, TC, 2U, 1U, or 2D normally open contacts would need to pull for SU or SD to be able to pull. None of these relays are pulling, and none of the contacts are welded or stuck.
It's almost as if the elevator is searching for a ghost floor in between 1 & 2.
I'm at my wits end. I've been on this thing for over 2 days now and I'm getting nowhere. Please help if you can.
Thanks!



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you removed those pins and burnished the stationary contacts of the call and cancelling circuits and DZ? What if you pull 2c/2d or 1c/1u relay out, what happens?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
2nd pulling out the call relays. I will pull up a print.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If pulling the call relays out do not narrow the problem down, have to start tracing it back with the prints while those relays are out.

Check the rectifiers also. We had one that had some AC feedback and the car would run terminal to terminal. It was in slow speed however.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will be back tomorrow. I'll try removing the call relays and see what happens. I did paper the contacts to make sure there was no way that the N/O contacts were setting up, and it still ran floor 2 floor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I pulled 1c, 1u (in car b), 2c, 2d & 2u (in car b). No luck. I've checked all the diodes and they're all good. I appreciate all the advice. I'll be working my through the prints one wire at a time.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
May I have a bit more information?
What is the drawing number for the SU, SD relays?
How many stops?

I suggest you isolate the two circuits by removing any and all relays in each. Place each relay in one at a time. When SD or SU pull in you will have it narrowed down.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
like jkh says need more info. are you sure you have the correct job print? this could be confusing you. i see one print that has the relays you say, but also has a AF relay that causes the car to pick su or sd depending on the fire service landing for main or alternate.
on this print fsh n/o relay contact feeds af n/o, n/c and then heads to su sd circuits. it is a fairly easy circuit you could pull the su or sd coil wire, and then use meter to work your way back and see where the voltage is coming from. dover contact count is 1-4 left to right from the back. if you are not sure about print, you could always trace coil circuit wiring from the su,sd coil and see if it corresponds to the print

Last edited by Vatorgator; 10/19/16 03:14 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A year of install and the e-number would help too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There was a problem in the oil viscosity circuit. The elevator was warming the oil and a stuck contact was allowing the valve to energize and the car would run to the next floor, then recall to try to warm the oil again. This is why it appeared to be running with no demand. Thanks for the help everyone!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ratman131313)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What did u end up finding? What contact was stuck ?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top