Elevator Forum

Dover Type D door o...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover Type D door operator

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
35.6 K Views
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like that tap may be on the wrong side? Very limited experience here, if you have time, mark the tap and make gross adjustments just to verify which way you want them to go. The cam, if I remember, is just the mechanical location that the slowdown should work. I would explore the taps.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Chris
Sorry about the confusion, but I finally got to the job yesterday. I don't have time this morning to go into much detail, but what I found was that the r3 resistor door close wire was removed from the adjusting band and relocated to the end post on the r3 resistor to try to slow the door down I believe. The OHS wire was attached to r2 resistor which I moved to r3 and the open speed is much better,but I still have virtually no slowdown during door close. The previous mechanic had Csd1 and Csd2 cams almost aligned at about center of the door close, when I move them to there proper position the close gets worse? I have to go back again this week to check the resistor in the operator, I ran out of time yesterday.

This sounds to me that any resistance that should be in that circuit isn't there. Is it shorted, are the limits shorted? Doubt is open circuit as then it would most likely wouldn't close. Anyone got a door print they could post?

Last edited by uppo72; 05/28/14 01:44 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Chris)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good news, with operator drawings kindly provided by a forum member I got it straightened out.I didn't realize that there is a resistor in the swing out, (rd5) which was not adjusted correctly. I cant understand why the last mechanics adjusted the door the way it was, but with a little tweaking of the adjusting bands on rd5 and readjusting csd1 and csd2 the door is now operating great! Much thanks to everyone for their help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Easternriser)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just Curious about some of the information you posted. I Have a dover HD-91 door operator that is giving me some issues. The problem is the door opens super super fast but does slow down before full open. Checked both door open slow downs both are working. If i hold the door open slowdown contact closed it acts correctly and the door opens slowly. Has 5 resistor tubes in controller
and R3 and R4 are involved with door open according to print. i adjusted both of them to the bottom of the resistor just to see if changed door open speed but did nothing. Ohmed out all resistor tubes in controller and all ohm out ok. I have not touched the resistor tube in the door operator yet. Have the door open slowdown jumped so door opens slowly for now. Im trying to figure out what controls the door open speed when first opens. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You mean it doesn’t have a slow start open? Or the open speed in general is just way too fast? Some of the controllers with those operators had an open high speed timer that you set to hold of OHS from picking until the clutch engaged the pickups.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have the manual. Send email



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top