Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

dover t4 struggling

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
56.4 K Views
(@tommycakes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check if there is pit door switch that it works even when u pull on door...had one that opened when the car ran down to bottom floor , but it wouldnt happen every time !



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
parallel as many contacts as you can in the BK circuits, MC, and any others listed in the 54,55,56 fault codes, sounds like you just have a controller showing its age.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
send me a train ticket, i guarantee 1 hour or less. :} and that includes the coffee break. :}



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
These are all good ideas and the BK and MC or anything else that uses a Sprecher Schuh type of relay, are always suspect. I would try swapping PMI cards with another car to see if I could move the problem. The modules do actually get old and the internal led diodes start to fail. This can be a bitch to find as they become very intermittent. Usually PMI 1,2 are your most critical but I have seen them throw an extra GL module on a PMI card further on down the line especially if one car in the group has a rear opening. One of the other critical things that fail is the main 5 volt power supply. I have seen the two remote sense adjustment start failing thus shutting the power supply down with the car in flight.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Smitty
These are all good ideas and the BK and MC or anything else that uses a Sprecher Schuh type of relay, are always suspect. I would try swapping PMI cards with another car to see if I could move the problem. The modules do actually get old and the internal led diodes start to fail. This can be a bitch to find as they become very intermittent. Usually PMI 1,2 are your most critical but I have seen them throw an extra GL module on a PMI card further on down the line especially if one car in the group has a rear opening. One of the other critical things that fail is the main 5 volt power supply. I have seen the two remote sense adjustment start failing thus shutting the power supply down with the car in flight.

So True...



   
ReplyQuote
(@iuec4me)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
greatness has been achieved --lol the elevator is now back in service -it took me 2 complete mc and bk relays -1 bk module -4 new motor brushes which the armature lead was actually resting on the armature as it was spinning --yikes that could have been bad -lucky find changing brushes --but the key to this success was on the main drive contactor -the two auxilary contacts on the side of the main contactor were the culprit ---THANK YOU ALL for the suggestions --I'm sure I will be back for the next nightmare that drives me nuts --to each and every one of my elevator brothers out there -take care of yourselfs and most of all work safely --until next time thanks again



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top