Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Swing Doors

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,112 Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3488]
I have a hand full of old units. They are equipped with swing doors and scissor gates. These units are 85 plus years old and still running. They are a mix of original manufacturer equipment. There are many repairs that are needed. We are proposing that all the units be modernized.

My question is could someone please recommend a manufacture for swing doors and/or scissor gates?



   
Quote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Local code enforcement will dictate what you can and can't do. Where are these elevators? Someone on this forum in your area could probably answer your questions.

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't forget the maximum space between the car and hall doors-

I think it's 5".
If they dont have sheetmetal space restrictors, I'd issue an ultimatum- Put 'em on, or we walk away. VERY important, to keep little kids safe.

But I guess everything that old is an emergency...

Many manufacturers make doors with the Warnock-Hersey rating. How about try Columbia, in New York? They always did right by me. Lou Bliotta is "da man".

I'd change the scissor gates to accordian. "WoodFold"



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Jim, I'm looking for an alternative to my current sorce.

Thanks Vic, the existing doors have space guards on them. I am aware of them and will give Columbia an opertunity to quote. These units are commercial and I don't think woldfold gates will be accepted.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Do the Dishes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Might try Enterprise Elevator Products 410-685-0344 web site www.elevatorgates.com they were at the International Home Builders show in Orlando last year, they seemed like straight shooters.

Last edited by Do the Dishes; 05/10/12 08:33 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"Human volt meter"! Bwah-haw-hah-hah!

That's funny, made me smile! 8^)

Last edited by Vic; 05/10/12 09:55 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top