Elevator Forum

Dover T-IV w/Magnet...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover T-IV w/Magnetek DSD 312 drive

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,428 Views
(@Dedw8)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13700]
I am having an intermittent problem with the 312 drive. I get a 404 flt every 4 to 8 hrs. I have changed the DSP, ribbon cable in the controller and the input/output board in drive. I am at a loss. Any help out there?



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Issues with the brushes, armature, main contactor. Check your entire loop circuit for grounds or trace grounds



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with E311. Make sure your brush rigging, insulators and armature is clear to ground. What kind of machine?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dedw8)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the info. Found the problem. The PS1 power supply for the card rack was dropping the 5 vdc and the +/- 12 vdc to the card rack for about 5 to 10 seconds causing the reference error.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow, good find! Its amazing how those of us who cut our teeth on relay logic, now find that we have to worry about power supplies- they have bitten me in the hind quarters many times 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can say that again 311. Any weird problem that is not obvious right off the bat I go to the power supply. Especially on 312 drives the power supply on the drive is a source of so many problems we keep a pretested spare on the jobs to rule that out first. And remember even if it reads good switch your meter over to AC and look for bleed thru. Just a little AC will drive you crazy.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top