Here is what I have so far. Slot 2 pin B is broken. There are conductors wrapped around the pin on the back.
The car runs fine on inspection. When I put it in auto it takes a one floor run up, sequences properly to a level stop but does not open the doors. Then it starts in the up direction (not LU), as soon as the LD switch hits the vane the car levels back down and stops. Then starts in the up direction again until the LD switch hits the vane. It continues this pattern until I pull power or put it on inspection.
It will latch calls above and below. It seems to see a standing call but does not open doors.
Anybody got any ideas for me?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Thank you.
Remember, when the car is level at the floor both LU and LD should be energized. For example, if the car is traveling in the up direction the "LU" relay should energize about 4" below the floor (this will start the pre-opening of the doors if "S" is kept in Properly. Then about 1/2" from the floor the "LD" relay will energize causing the car to stop. At this time the car should be floor level with both "LU" and "LD" energized.
Once the doors close and the car begins to run up to the next floor, The F1 relay should energize dropping out both "LU" and "LD" not allowing the leveling circuit to affect your normal car acceleration. Good Luck!
Others have worked on this car. When I stopped by this building to talk to the manager he told me that the car had been down for several months. If I get it solved I get the repair and maintenance. Is it likely that someone moved the sensors? The car stops level, so I would think that if that was the case it would not stop level before it oscilates. If it was intended to operate according to the manuals, and someone spread the sensors so that DZ was the only one on the vane at floor level would it not slip past the floor waiting for the other leveling switch to make to shut the car down? It should NEVER stop level since both switches are never on the vane at the same time, right? Could it be as simple as a non-Dover guy trying to make it stop like his native controls??
Thanks for your help!!!
I do as well, thanks for the thoughts. The more I think about it the more I suspect this as a main issue. I've been searching for info hoping to get a solid understanding of the logic before I get back there Monday.
I have found a missing socket pin on the car board and a broken jumper on the car board socket. I cannot find what circuit the missing pin feeds. Do you have anything outlining where the car board pin B sits in the circuitry?
Thanks for the help!
One thing I am hoping to find logic docs for is to see if lu and/or ld are/is required with dz to fire do w/o pre-opening, referencing the selector situation mentioned above.
One thing to look at is why the U terminal is being grounded to cause the U relay to energize and move the car up until level down input comes on. I would go to the power board and check the signal to start the car up. the signal is U, or US and is on pin T. If that pin is going hi, then the amplifier circuit will drive U terminal low and pick up the U relay. If you see that pin T is staying low and does not change when the U relay picks up, you want to check out the rest of the amplifier circuitry, In order for the circuit to work the IN inputs must be in the proper state for the amplifier to work correctly. first the SP signal must be connected to pin X of the power board through a normally open in2 relay contact it should be 5 volts.
the other part is the common or PCP of the amplifier circuit. It need to be connected to PC through another normally open in2 contact. If PCP signal is not connected to the PC terminal through the in2 relay contact the amplifier may trigger U to go low without Pin T the up start signal initiating the sequence. If you have a power board logic print look at the amplifier circuit at the bottom of the page and you will see the PCP terminal there, it doesnt show you where it originates though, you have to go to where the in2 relay is on the print to see what I mean, it is next to the U and D relays on the print i have. I suspect you dont have a connection to pcp.. hope this might have helped still looking for that damn uld terminal on my prints though,