Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover solid state

17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
22.4 K Views
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12089]
I've got a dover solid state. 2 stop hydro. Elevator runs to second floor but motor never stops running. Elevator levels in and stops perfect. Doors. Place a down call is the only way to get the motor to stop. Bad card? If so which one. I've got car, door , top and bottom and power. I did find some ugly looking solder on the car board.



   
Quote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check if relay VCX is on, and Pc to Vc continuity, this is the low temperature termostat contact that open at 105� f.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I don't have viscosity on this elevator. No vcx relay . No thermostats or temp senders on the tank. Sorry forgot to mention that



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That is correct. When the down relay pick one of the NC contacts is what stops the pump motor. The Dover solid state has changed over the years. Can you give us more details. Inside the controller there is usually a white lable. If it's there? What are the drawing numbers. Do you have prints?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tarth)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
99.99% sure its the power card. It has the off delay timer keeping msa relay up for 1/2 a second for the soft stop. It has failed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will be going back tomorrow morning with a handfuls of spare cards. Thank you for the replies will post again what fixed the issue



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry jkh I missed your post. I will send you all the info out of the controller tomarrow morning



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 5 different versions from the 70s into the 80s that we service. Each show on the prints that the intermediate board in the MSA circuit.

There are different timers in different versions from different years. If you have prints look and see what contacts are in your MS circuit. As an example, You may find a LT contact lurking around.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I do remember seeing a date of 1975 on the prints today . What does lt stand for? Some sort of timer?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tarth)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey jkh I don't think prints say what you think they say.
Where it says typical intermediate cards, it refers to to the intermediate slowdown inputs. Msa comes right out of the power card 1 pin 21.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My drawing number is 108700b. Swapped the power card out for a used spare. The motor stops now but the elevator is only responding to car calls. No hall calls. Put the old power card back in it responds to both hall and car calls but the motor never stops



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you adjust the voltage on power spare board?



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes both the original and old spare were at 5 volts. I don't trust this old spare as it probably came out of a mod job loooong time ago. I have a new 4 slot power card on the way.



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
New power card fixed the issue. Thanks for the help guys



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tarth,
Thank you for correcting me. You are correct I see on print 129942 where the card is supplied from transformer #2 then the rectifier to 1/R.

I also have print 115662 B. This print shows a slightly different configuration for MSA. Any chance you have this print?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top