Elevator Forum

Dover Selector Cabl...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover Selector Cable

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,563 Views
(@Greg1234)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20399]
Anyone have any info or illustrations on the best way to replace the selector cables on a Dover Composite Elevator.



   
Quote
 mjm
(@mjm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes, I've done many



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is there more than meets the eye here?



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Count your wraps and get after it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know now rookie mistake...but in my case I sure wish I would have locked down/secured the selector drum better. Floor levels were off 5-6 inches



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be sure to use the proper cable. Selector Cable from the OEM is best.



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also spring length on bottom of car should be 20 inches, this puts proper tension and elastic stretch into selector cable so pie plates line up with floor levels . Also it might be worthwhile to check how close 0 indicator on vernier dial is to master floor before you do any fine tuning to optical leveling



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top