Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/02/2024 8:06 am
I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I was working on a Dover Relay Logic Hydro today. It has two tanks/pumps/pump motors. The car was shutdown, and I was able to trace the issue down to a bad overload relay on the MS1 contactor without prints. I replaced it with a spare and had car back up and running. I noticed that both pump motors continued running while at the bottom floor, nonstop. I waited atleast ten minutes and the motors were still running so I left the car shutdown. I spoke to the new route mechanic who says he’s always seen them both running constantly.
Is anyone able to provide me any print remotely close to this so I can see what feeds my motor contactor coils? Much appreciated if you can.
Controller Model: E-40761
Serial #: CW-16343
Volts: 460
Year: 1973
02/02/2024 9:12 am
Sounds like it’s heating up the oil. Just make sure they stop when it gets to the viscosity temp setting.
02/02/2024 9:16 am
I have a 1974 Dover hydro print send me your email
Topic starter
04/02/2024 3:53 am
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
Sounds like it’s heating up the oil. Just make sure they stop when it gets to the viscosity temp setting.
That would make sense except there’s no thermal sensor, and in my mind running more than 10 minutes without stopping is excessive.
04/02/2024 4:59 am
What run relays are in? LU? UA? UX? TM? TMT? The thermastat could be under either tank. I am assuming a dry pump. You didnt say if it was submersible. Does it run correctly if you send it up a floor?.