Elevator Forum

Dover composite wit...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover composite with generator

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,328 Views
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22796]
Have a Dover composite that’s been shutting down frequently.
When I get there my FT timer is on With the generator off.
If I manually pick up the MGX relay car will return to service. My problem is that according to the print, terminal “SY” feeds the MGX relay which then has a self latching contact.
I attached the circuit in question. I cannot find where SY is getting power from.
Does anyone know what is SY in this circuit and where does it get its voltage from?
Attachments
0FC0D6F1-8705-4B3B-86B9-21F0862C8E94.jpeg (2.53 MB, 69 downloads)



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think that goes to the common panel. Look for the PFT timer coils, they’re probably in the other column of that page. You should see a circuit showing SY getting power through a N/O SA contact from MG1 terminal which is on page 1, basically connected to SQS. It seems to be like a non-interference circuit to keep generators from starting at the same time.

It’s all on page 12 of this print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rigybi92gddlac4/C-40375-77%20Dover%20Composite.PDF?dl=0



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the reply, after looking over your prints I realized I was missing a page from mine. I will check it out on Monday. Thanks again



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just closing out thread. Ended up being a bad N/C contact on SB. Thanks Indirtwetrust for pointing me in the right direction.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top