Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
20/06/2018 12:14 pm
So I have a customer that has an old Otis winding drum car with front and rear manual swing doors and manual collapsible scissor gates on the car. The inspector wants door restrictors installed. Ordinary I am a big fan of the mechanical vane rescritors like Dover/TKE, Otis and SEES sells but with the limited clearance between the car gates and hoistway wall and doors I don't see it being a feasible option.
Does anyone have a good solution for this? I'm thinking maybe a electromechanical restrictor but have limited experience installing them especially in this situation.
20/06/2018 7:35 pm
Adams Hatch Latch can be installed. The newer style boards seem hold much better than the older style boards. As long as you can get 120VAC to it you dont need signals to go back to the controller.
20/06/2018 8:52 pm
Just as a point of information. The code for restricted car doors came into being under the A17.1b-1980 code. ( see A17.2-2014, item 1.18.1) Anything installed before 1980 can be recommended by the inspector.
Topic starter
21/06/2018 4:41 am
In this particular area it became a retroactive code requirement.
17/07/2018 9:16 am
Agree with UpandDown, Hatch Latch is the way to go in this situation, used them a few times successfully.