Elevator Forum

door operator GAL m...
 
Notifications
Clear all

door operator GAL modl

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.6 K Views
(@frank)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#530]
The door is not closing completely the last 2 inch looks like there is not enough power to the motor ( Anybody have an idea ) thanks Frank



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Door obstructed-low brushes on the door motor-bad connection on one of the resistors or speed contacts. If it has a mechanical restrictor it could also be preventing the doors from closing properly-maybe the retiring portion of the clutch is grabbing the trailing door drive roller when it gets to the retracting position.



   
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
OK good news this morning I have my elevator back on track ( I change the 2 resistor and the motor ) maybe I could only change the brush but I take no chance and change everything .
Thanks Frank



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You may want to take a look at the nylon roller pins under the door limits while you are doing the other stuff. The four cam contact assembles in the music box have nylon pins that ride on the black cams mounted to the pivot arm. After some time these wear and become flat making these contacts unreliable. The two door limits are the worst since GAL relies on a snap contact to open the door open and close limits. They are pretty easy to change and will make your door limits reliable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smitty is right on the money with the nylon pins. I have also fixed a lot of GAL,s with a few other simple tricks. With the power off hand crank the operator and then change direction hard and fast the other way. Oserve all piviot points and see if you get independent movement of the 2 arms. If so you have bad bearings. I change them out with a 9/16 deepwell and a 15/16 standard socket as a punch and anvel arrangement and it works great and is fast. Then go back and see if limits are still right as a lot of guys cure the problem they had without realizing what caused it. Also I have found a lot of contacts shimed out to get better compression when if fact all that need to be done was loosen the 3 brass machine screw on the gray angle that holds the stationary contacts and move them to where you want them. You will be surprised how much movement you can get!



   
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
OK really appreciate your comment I'm sure this could help .
I really appreciate this Forums ( the forum )
Thanks Frank



   
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for your tip I will check next time , realy appreciate your help ,talk to you on my next probleme ha ha .
Frank



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top