Elevator Forum

Dmc1 shuts down at ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dmc1 shuts down at top landing only

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,405 Views
(@sinister1ca)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2692]
I am having a problem with a DMC1 shutting down at the top landing, (intermittent) the fault is selector fault at 4. Magnets seem to be in place, Switch tree seems fine. Tomorrow I will replace selector board and do a hoist way teach. I'm only grasping at straws hear because I feel if the board was bad it would shutdown at different landings, which it never does. Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated thanks



   
Quote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im with you on the board, that is probably not the problem, but you never can tell. are you sure the tape guides are not sloppy? when you say the Switch tree contacts "seem fine", what does this mean, have you metered each switch, have you opened the cover on the up switches and check out the connections. they used to put a spade connector on the switch , and the wire would break at the connector, it would be made up most of the time, when the roller switch hit the cam, the switch arm would move and open the broken wire. this is a common problem. sounds like you are using the world freedom tool by the fault description. when the car is in fault, do you go to the selector subsystem and check the fault there? it would be different then going to the CLC fault list. You should get a better fault description if you go the selector subsystem. another thing to check is to make sure no one has installed a low oil switch and wired it in series with the valve coils.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sinister1ca)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
A better fault description, was door zone sequence fault. This was happening at top floor only. So far fingers crossed, the fix was to increase the up leveling speed slightly. still doesn't explain why only one floor was the issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@iuec4me)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check your selector guides -



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had one that I put in a new selector board, still didn't work, So I put the old board back in, and it worked. Can't explain that...... but are you sure that your selector is saving the setup, if it is not saving properly, and you have a bad door lock the car will stop as soon as it tries to leave the floor. I also agree with scott check your limit switches for proper electrical operation. Good luck. let us know what you find.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top