Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DMC Software

32 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
21.3 K Views
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33526]
Would anyone know how to get new DMC eproms?

TK sounds like they don't sell them anymore. The local rep said "You're pretty much screwed". Sounds like they are in the same boat.

Any other way to get some?



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not 100% sure how, but I have to think if you had another dmc to copy the software off its eeproms you could just clone them. Eeproms are just a type of flash memory. The hardest part I would think would be knowing which adapters to use or how to get to the software right through the serial port.

I was working with a mechanic a couple of years ago who got some eeproms in this way. When he asked the guy who made them how he did it, the reply was "I like steak too, you know"



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

I do have an old bytek and a computer that I could do that with. I'd do it as a last resort, and I may have no choice, but I'd like to get legit ones if there was some way to do it.

Thanks for the reply.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Honestly if TK won't sell them the best bet I'd think would be stealing them off a car being modded. Now that you made this thread I'm going to have to remember to pull them all the next time we mod a dmc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Bad thing is that we've probably trashed a few...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you know what version you need, I think I have some floating around in the sleeves



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm almost certain that anything but the very oldest software will work.

In the Sees catalog they list the software as one part number only. Of course they don't have any.
As long as all of the chips are there, I think it would work.

I'll be glad to pay you for them.

Last edited by SomeGuy; 07/31/22 11:42 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have an older CLC card like anything before 6300BP4 you need a 675ANnn. Newest is AN13. For a BP4 CLC you need a 675DKnn. Newest is AN13. Different versions for a DMC1-A without a selector and if there’s an “SP” at the end of the number it means special, like job specific generic. You’d have to get that from Vertical Express.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
T

Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
If you have an older CLC card like anything before 6300BP4 you need a 675ANnn. Newest is AN13. For a BP4 CLC you need a 675DKnn. Newest is AN13. Different versions for a DMC1-A without a selector and if there’s an “SP” at the end of the number it means special, like job specific generic. You’d have to get that from Vertical Express.

Good info.

This job does have a selector.

Am I right in thinking that we could use the latest software, even if this job started out with an older CLC card that was later updated?

Vertical Express is evidently out of the business of selling DMC software. I guess it had to eventually happen when they stopped selling the boards.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It doesn’t matter what the job came with. Only which CLC is in it now. There are a lot of other versions too but mostly I see AN and DK. The point is the newest CLC (6300BP4) requires different software than all the older CLC cards. So if you’re going to copy software from another car, make sure you get compatible software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
It doesn’t matter what the job came with. Only which CLC is in it now. There are a lot of other versions too but mostly I see AN and DK. The point is the newest CLC (6300BP4) requires different software than all the older CLC cards. So if you’re going to copy software from another car, make sure you get compatible software.

Thanks very much



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
These are the chips I use:
Digi-Key Part # AT27C256R-70PU



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks. Ordering now.

Wow. No easily obtainable stock. I see why TK isn't selling them.

Last edited by SomeGuy; 08/01/22 10:51 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh I didn’t realize they weren’t in stock anymore. I’m sure you can find something on eBay. 27C256 UVPROM.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Great idea. I grabbed some used one from the US. Lots of stuff from China, but not sure I can wait that long.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top