Elevator Forum

DMC shutting down a...
 
Notifications
Clear all

DMC shutting down at top floor

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.7 K Views
(@brcst)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5061]
I have a dmc in a bank that has had the top floor car and hall calls disabled for over 1 year because the floor was vacant. The calls were disabled by disconnecting wires at the buttons. Today the customer requested the calls be enabled again so the route mechanic reconnected the wires and attempted to run the elevator to the top landing by car and hall calls. It runs up to about 12" below floor level and shuts down. We have a world tool but it has failed so we have no way to check the faults. It shuts down at the same spot every time. We checked the switches and wiring on the switch tree. We have to cycle the power off and on to reset. Any ideas? I have a new tool on the way but in the mean time the customer can't take the elevator to the top floor.



   
Quote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could it be that in the past it lost it's info and someone made some changes to the program that didn't include the top floor?

Hoistway learn run might need to be done.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your World Tool Failed?????

That should not be a problem as long as you didn't lose the dongle. (Security Key)..

Just download the software from here.
http://www.world-electronics.com/freedomware-elevator-circuit-board-diagnostic-software-updates.html

And your dongle should crank it up. If you need further assistance contact World. From what I understand when you plunk down 5K for one of their tools it's warrantied for life, as long as you dont LOSE the dongle...

Very difficult to troubleshoot ANY type of Networked controller without a service tool. Discreet I/O is far and few between.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When the car shuts down does it just stop or does it return to the bottom? I'm wondering if the low oil switch is causing this shut down. I've seen this happen many times when the top floor is returned to service after a long time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@brcst)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
When it shuts down it just stops. I have to cycle the power off and on to reset then it does a correction run and then back to normal operation. I think we might have missed something on the switches. I'm going to recheck that today when I get the tool and go back up to the job.
As for the World tool I should have been more specific. The hard drive on the laptop failed and we are borrowing another tool for now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would recheck the switches and see if you are trying to make or break a switch at the spot you are shutting down. The old method of disconnecting car call wires has been abandoned around here for the last 10 years or more due to the fact it still needs to work on Fire Service. And should be tested yearly by your AHJ.



   
ReplyQuote
(@brcst)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: danzeitz
I would recheck the switches and see if you are trying to make or break a switch at the spot you are shutting down. The old method of disconnecting car call wires has been abandoned around here for the last 10 years or more due to the fact it still needs to work on Fire Service. And should be tested yearly by your AHJ.

We don't disable calls by disconnecting wires either but thats how this one was???



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Depending on the selector type, I would check magnet alignment. Sounds like it is shutting down where leveling would take over.



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
magnets also have to face a certain direction. This is why one side is white. THe white side should be facing out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the elevator run's to the top floor on inspection?? Make sure is not clipping any door looks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree if it is not clipping a lock, you have a magnet in the wrong position, or cheak to see if your top final is hitting before DZ . Can you run this car to the top from car top? put someone inside the car, and have them give a call as your on top. Look at everything when you stop. There is also a diode in the controller relay board D 22 if this is bad as the car hits dz it will switch to insp, and then back to normal, causing the car to get a selector fault. Just a idea hope it helps.......Good Luck



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top