Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DMC. RER ?

17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,595 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#28345]
Hello. Trying to do a learn run after power outage and programming lost. Every time I gets to the 2nd floor magnets I get a RER which is reset error flag command from CLC. What do you guys think the problem is ? Bad selector board ? A side note. My clc is only letting me set it up as the master car of a group. But it’s a single car. No group

Last edited by Jluff; 12/02/19 12:11 PM.


   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It also will not let me set up valid floor openings which I have never seen before



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like the power outage may have corrupted your software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think once I saw error code saying it didn’t get slow down when run learn failed and RER showed on tool



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have never replaced DMC software. Only the clc board but used existing chips. Does world electronics sell software chips ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Today I went to try run learn again and now I get no response from device when service tool is connected. . I isolated the clc board and still got no response from device. Tomorrow I will replace clc and put the existing chips in the new clc .. now I’m really getting confused as to what’s going on. Lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does your board have 3 chip plus ram or 4 chip plus ram? A new board will require the 4 chip software. I believe it's ver DK13. If you have more then one car, all will have to be updated if duplex or triplex.

Last edited by Rolly; 12/02/19 05:45 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I see 3 chips with DMC1 stickers on them from the existing board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I can send you a picture if you PM me your email



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m not sure about that RER but older software didn’t support the valid floors parameters yet so probably nothing wrong there. There are basically 2 types of CLC cards. Old ones like BP1, BP2 and the first one that just had a number and then there is the BP4. Software is not interchangeable between the 2 types. DK13 is the latest for the BP4 boards but for the older it’s AN13. If you have an older board and all you can get is a BP4, you will need new software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The new green clc has no ram
Chips in the U32 (SP23) and U33 (sp45) spots. The new clc only has a chip in the U31 spot .. the new board will not boot up with the software chips from the old board. Should I bring boards to computer technition to transfer chips from old board to new board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
LOL ALL computers have ram. The chip may be soldered in but it has ram! 3 chip software will not work on a new board. I think you been told this before,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I recognize ram on both boards. They are not set up the same and there was no markings on the board. I couldn’t tell if bp1 or 2 or 4. I think it is a bp1. And my new board is bp4. Just learning and trying to do my job Rolly

Last edited by Jluff; 12/03/19 06:27 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Should have part number 6300BPx right on board, but older versions are blue & newer versions are green. The software between old & new boards is not compatible.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Like I said, the old software will not work in your new BP4 CLC. You either need to find a good BP2 or earlier or order DK13 software.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top