Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/04/2020 2:09 am
What equipment would you use to mod out a DMC and why. Smartrise, EC, MCE, Virginia, GAL, ect.
Topic starter
09/04/2020 4:12 pm
I'm a nube on here. Did I not post this in the right forum? 26 views and no friendly comments? I think I'll propose a
Smartrise. New I-2, and TC. Slap a new HD-LM operator on it. New clutch w/restrictor, p/u rollers, door locks, pecker heads, and rods. Gibs, spirators, hangar rollers, and up-thrusts. New slide guide inserts and jack repacks (internals, externals, o-rings, check valves, and guides). Not sure what to do with the COP and the hall PI's. Maybe new new hall fixtures w/taperproof buttons from VE to mount in the old Dover boxes if the 10-24 screw holes line up. I'm sure I am missed something. What say you?
Smartrise. New I-2, and TC. Slap a new HD-LM operator on it. New clutch w/restrictor, p/u rollers, door locks, pecker heads, and rods. Gibs, spirators, hangar rollers, and up-thrusts. New slide guide inserts and jack repacks (internals, externals, o-rings, check valves, and guides). Not sure what to do with the COP and the hall PI's. Maybe new new hall fixtures w/taperproof buttons from VE to mount in the old Dover boxes if the 10-24 screw holes line up. I'm sure I am missed something. What say you?
09/04/2020 6:32 pm
Sounding like you've got a good plan here... I'd say Smartrise is always a good option because the boards are the same and interchangeable between the COP, Cartop and controller... If you have any other Smartrise jobs on the books. This makes troubleshooting easy not to mention only having to warehouse one board for many solutions if a repair is needed in the future. Fixtures: i tend to lean toward Innovation... If you choose, they can pre-wire for any controls you pick and will work directly with control manufacturer. Innovation will also make face plate to fit your old boxes, just make sure they'll pass code in your area for proper height if ADA is enforce.
GOOD LUCK!
09/04/2020 10:18 pm
I know MAD fixtures makes complete fixture retrofits for the dover impulse fixtures which is what was usually used on most DMCs. Vertical express also makes door operator upgrade kits using their new LD-16 operator which is a the same linear operator made by Wittur that KONE and Saveria have been using for years.
A better question yet would be why would you want to MOD a DMC? They are pretty much still fully supported.
Topic starter
09/04/2020 10:22 pm
Thanks so much for your response Truegrit2. I appreciate the advice on Innovation. I didn't know they custom tailored.
Montana
Topic starter
10/04/2020 7:50 am
Thanks for the great suggestion ABE. I love DMC's. Just found the mod opportunity on the local exchange. They are doing a large remodel and want a "New" elevator.
Montana