Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DMC DOVER

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,035 Views
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35473]
Hey guys

Is it possible to short between P24 and P24C? Sometimes I have troubles with this voltage (P24C) dropped. This left the doors opened (SE and EE stucked) .

I have replaced the P24 and G24 traveling cable, but still expecting the fault occur.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't have prints in front of me, but any P24 or P24xxx is going to be a 24v hot. G24 is the ground. If memory serves me, p24c is the 24v after the toggle switch in the COP.

I just had a car that the actual toggle switch went bad. Just the one pole for the 24v power, the two poles for ac power were good.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just had a similar issue on a Saturday night call and found a bad pole on the 3 pole toggle switch in the COP. The car was doing some funky crap. Found one at the shop in the mod graveyard. Ordered a new one for the van stock.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Absolutely the toggle switch. Depending on which pole fails you can get all kinds of weird issues. Losing P24C can cause various selector lockups, P24GS causes hall call lights to go out after the call is latched, & loosing AC1SW drops out the power supply but that seems to be more rare. Maybe because the AC voltage keeps the contact in better condition. I keep them on the van and replace them pretty often and always when replacing a power supply.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you. I replaced the switch and everything is working for now



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top