Elevator Forum

Oil for old elevato...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Oil for old elevator motor?

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,382 Views
(@Phil B)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35472]
Hi,

We are the proud owners of an old house that has an old Elevette lift.

Its recently been making an odd noise occasionally when in use. I noticed a bit of oil around the base of the motor.

Do I need to make sure the crank case is full of oil? If so, what type oil should I use?

Pics attached

Thanks for any help!!

Attachments
2023-05-15 19.44.55 - 750w.jpg (101.64 KB, 43 downloads)
2023-05-15 19.44.14 - 750w.jpg (99.64 KB, 33 downloads)
2023-05-15 19.44.34 - 750w.jpg (97.83 KB, 32 downloads)
2021-09-18 07.17.02.jpeg (1.35 MB, 38 downloads)



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice, glad to see another old inclinator still running. I love those older vintage ones.

Yes I'd bet that gear oil is nice and separated and not doing much of anything. I would recommend calling an elevator company and having them go over everything. The machine should be drained and have fresh gear oil put in it, they also need to go over the brake, ropes, slack rope assembly, etc. Definitely worth while to have an expert maintain everything on it to get more years out of it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Phil B)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks EElevator!

I had an elevator company come out about 18 months ago and give it a good look over and some maintenance. I'm not sure that they did any work fluids work. Could you recommend a gear oil for now?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top