Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dirty Little Tricks

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
73.6 K Views
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
RCD, how are you going to open the shut off in the pit, that is in the closed position, with the car at lowest landing?

Cutting through the floor, or getting a really small apprentice and boy butter, those are he only two ways I can think of for getting a conventional fixed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've now come across two I-2 Dover valves that were acting strange in the up direction, so check the up level adjuster screen only to find the screen had been removed. I guess the last guy to find the screen clogged just decided to remove it completely. Both instances eventually resulted in the whole valve being replaced.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EleVADER)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've seen first hand nails in a traveling cable upon former company loosing contract and my company at the time troubleshooting for days.. really not the way to go about things in the trade.



   
ReplyQuote
(@radar)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Why are contracts lost?.......poor- service,cleaning,customer relations&cost. I've been servicing elevators for 15 years,putting them back in shape and keeping them that way. I am proud to say I've not lost any contracts .most little tricks I've found are -prints missing,dmc parameter logs scratched off and unreadable. PLEASE take pride in what you do,if you loose one,it will be about cost,not Neglect Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top