Is it true that the new contactor will do most of the work and it will put a strain on it. And, that we should replace the old contactor?
Thanks for your help.
I'm not a contractor. I introduced myself in the other part of the forum. I'm a super that's trying to figure out how to fix an elevator that's causing a lot of problems for me. Had an elevator company in there for about a year and they couldn't figure it out. They gave up and we switched elevator companies. The elevator still constantly breaks periodically even though the current company has been working on it for about 6 months. It's hard to know if this company knows what they are doing and I'm worried that another 6 months will go by and just more money and time goes down the drain. (We've spent a lot of money so far.)
I had a 2nd company in there the other day for a 2nd opinion. They said that the contactor has nothing to do with the problem and stated replacing the old contactor was just a waste of money. Of course, I don't know who to believe!
Given your suggestion, I'll replace the old one. Thanks so much.
Btw, I wouldn't replace the contactor myself. Just trying to figure out what advice I should follow. =)
Do you think it's possible that the problem is actually the leveler?
The car moves slightly, then pauses for a few minutes and then moves.
Thanks for your help.
Did replacing the contactor solve the trouble you spoke of on your other post?
I'm not trying to insult you, trying to assist. Yes, to diagnose correctly someone would need to be on job site, otherwise everyone is just grasping. My point is information has to be gathered and assesed. If you are unhappy with present company, let us know your location and maybe someone here can suggest another.
I haven't replaced the contactor because the elevator company has to order the part. I signed off on the proposal though.
Boa, I'm sorry if I sound defensive. I am not at all. I know you are only trying to help and really appreciate it!
To answer your questions, the job is about 1.5 years old. It seems that it's always been constantly releveling but only has gotten to be a big problem now. But, it's hard to tell.
I'll try to stick with one thread to answer problems. I made 2 because I thought it was 2 different problems but I realize it only makes it confusing.
I will close this thread and answer questions on the other one. And, thanks for your help.