I have friends that need to install a chair lift (sit down) in their home for an elderly Aunt. What would be the simplest and most bullet proof unit you would recommend?
Thanks,
Jim
I prefer Stannah as they have a far superior rail system and no travel cable to hang up. The cog system is in the back, tucked under the rail, faces down and is not exposed. This type of set-up is protected form dirt and falling debris. The simple brush system eliminates a travel cable and all the problems that come with it. I was also surprised to learn that Stannah has been in business for over 100 years. Sometimes time tested companies speak for themselves. 😉
I switched from Summit to Stannah around 2008 and never looked back for many reasons. The Stannah reminds me of the old rugged Wecolator built by the Cheney Company we use to install years ago. This was before Access Industries took them over, and then Thyssen. We use to put in Bruno which was real crap for the first generation but got much better. Not sure how they are now. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Work Safe
It's also worth remembering that a professionally refurbished stairlift can be a practical option in many situations, provided it's been properly inspected, installed correctly, and comes with ongoing support.
If anyone is comparing options, I'd encourage getting a few quotes, asking plenty of questions, and making sure the provider offers reliable after-sales service rather than simply choosing the lowest price. A little extra research up front can save a lot of hassle later.