Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
17/12/2025 10:37 pm
Let's get a form going for category 1 testing procedures and mcps for units both hydralic and traction as some of the company ones are very generic!
19/12/2025 8:54 am
Anything in particular you are looking for?
Topic starter
23/12/2025 4:18 am
Hey Joe looking for the procedures on schindler 3300 and 330a and older Otis lrv hydro stuff atm I'm just getting put up and I'm needing some clarification on some of the units I'll be doing and my company mcps are very generic !
23/12/2025 8:05 am
For the lrv stuff I recommend doing it manually with relays that have a manual switch or button and pulling fuse 6 on lrv 3&4's so it lessons the chance of blowing the processor if you make a mistake or if someone made a wiring change to something they shouldn't have
25/12/2025 3:01 pm
Why is your company looking after equipment they can't provide testing procedures for?
Topic starter
07/01/2026 2:00 am
Like I said they do but very and I mean very generic mcp lol
07/01/2026 5:40 am
I think what tayto is saying is that if they can't give you the support documents to get through the test they shouldn't be taking the job. Especially if it's a more difficult controller. A generic document that says "put the car on the ring to perform pressure test" is not a satisfactory document. Or if it's a traction like an Otis with a car mounted gov and you're trying to get mechanical and or electrical tripping speed they shouldn't be sending you there to do that test if you don't have documentation on how to run that blue tool.
That all being said if you come in here and ask for help with a specific test you know you have to go do, a lot of the guys in here will help you out, no problem. Then you take that information and start a data base. That way you can help out others who come after you that have the same questions you had. By asking this community just to put together a forum with all the hard earned documents we've had to beg, borrow, and take ourselves, to me, doesn't seem reasonable. I've spent hours and hundreds of dollars at a Staples copying prints and manuals and turning them digital.
That all being said if you come in here and ask for help with a specific test you know you have to go do, a lot of the guys in here will help you out, no problem. Then you take that information and start a data base. That way you can help out others who come after you that have the same questions you had. By asking this community just to put together a forum with all the hard earned documents we've had to beg, borrow, and take ourselves, to me, doesn't seem reasonable. I've spent hours and hundreds of dollars at a Staples copying prints and manuals and turning them digital.