I'm working on a new elevator maintenance specifications for our elevator portfolio. Based on past experience we've observed that for some buildings, the elevator technicians complete their scheduled maintenance items within 15-20 minutes, even for annual maintenance related items. This makes one think if the equipment is being maintained as per the specifications or manufacutrer's maintenance schedules. Unfortunately, the only metric to track deficient maintenance is when the elevator breaks down suddenly or the inspector cites any deficiencies.
I wanted to inquire if it is industry practice to have the technician require to spend minimum, service time on the equipment to ensure that the elevator is being maintained properly. For e.g. for hydraulic elevator in less than 5-storey building, min. time required for the technician to conduct maintenance work should be 1 hour, whereas for building with greater than 5-storey, min. time should be 2 hours.
Are such minimum service times used in industry for proper maintenance of geared, gearless, hydraulic elevators and lifts?
Thank you.
I agree with pieman with regards to companies cutting service time down. Basically, the service mechanics have too many elevators to service and the elevator companies will not hire to compensate for an over-crowded service route. I started my elevator company 3 years ago, and I tell my customers my mechanics will spend at least 45 to 60 minutes per elevator no matter the type of elevator or floors. (we do not service high rises) 15 to 20 minutes just is not enough time to properly service an elevator and unfortunately routine maintenance is not getting done.
To answer your question, there are no such minimum time requirements for service. I do feel that 45 to 60 minutes is adequate, but you will have to take into consideration the travel or landings of the elevator.
Who makes the best hydro oil?
And for the traction machine, the best gear oil?