This is not to say US may have bought a telescopic jack from someone else and integrated it into one of their packages.
Do you have a pic of the jack? It would help identifying it.
Little story here, was working for US when they came out with their own 2 piece jack. First time we found out there was a problem when the LR in Eastern Washington called a said the hoistway sill and not to mention the carpet at the 3rd floor was getting soaked with oil. We had another 2 piece jack ready to install out in the yard. The engineers in SD figured that bolting the two sections (similar to ESCO) with 4 bolts and no seal would do the job. The rest is up to your imagination.
Our fix was overfill the space with Silicone seal and bolt the things together so there was no room for oil in the joint. Somewhat Caveman but seems to work then.
Not so rough on the old Cubic Corp! (Couldn't get a single stage jack right)
The econo head, or black head was the last design out of the early eighties I believe and it was OK then and seems to be holding up today. Now the aluminum head...uhhh, oh never mind.
Think we started something here: How bout Kone Drive and son of Kone drive "Link Belt"? Then came Kaleico(something like that). Got to the point we started asking the factory to ship an extra worm shaft to install after the safety & buffer tests.
Although working for US was a great job with "Never a Dull Moment)
The first Kalieco (?) machine I saw was in Hollywood I think. No kidding, the dang machine was tilted so far off of the machine beams it wasn't funny.
My first thought was, "Uh...why isn't this machine tied down on the front?"
It was, but the back isolation pad on the drivers inboard side was crushed to nearly half their thickness. Oh...and it had a disc brake. "Nice machine" I thought to myself. Yeah right.
Those pads were by the way supplied by the machine mfg'r. I don't know how it turned out at inspection time, but it looked bad. Last I saw of those machines...back to HW.
Doesn't Otis make an overhead machine that is lifted up on one back corner by design? When I saw one a number of years ago, I immediately called my supervisor thinking this machine was headed for disaster. He informed me that "it's that way by design" OooKaaay.
In most cases San Diego footed the bill. It was kinda fun spending their money on their mistakes.
Still, the best job I ever had