Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Alpha Controller

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
23.5 K Views
(@liftronic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33259]
Has anyone worked with this new controller company which is called Alpha? https://www.alphaelevatorcontrol.com/Lykos%20Brochure.pdf
The picture in their brochure shows a nice looking hydraulic controller.



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have our first one but have not installed it yet. Spoke with some one else that installed a few and they raved about it.

It is basically a better and updated version of the Smartrise.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is this the new controller company started by the few folks that worked for smartrise then left?

JUST what our industry needs. Another random controller brand to dilute the market and force us all to learn yet another brand of controller that possibly won't have support/parts in the future if the company doesn't make it...

Between mce, va controls, ec, smartrise, and the 500 controllers the big 4 have came out with we have far more than enough options to make metal boxes move. I get the sentiment of everyone wants to make some money but..



   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by EElevator
Is this the new controller company started by the few folks that worked for smartrise then left?

JUST what our industry needs. Another random controller brand to dilute the market and force us all to learn yet another brand of controller that possibly won't have support/parts in the future if the company doesn't make it...

Between mce, va controls, ec, smartrise, and the 500 controllers the big 4 have came out with we have far more than enough options to make metal boxes move. I get the sentiment of everyone wants to make some money but..

The more open source, easily to fault find equipment the better. Anything to take the market away from the big 4 and their proprietary crap



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Why You don’t like paying $5k for wiring diagrams 😂😂😂😂😂😂
It’s amazing to me what they get away with. It’s all about the intellectual property laws. There are way more painful issues and problems from proprietary elevators then independent controllers going out of business. Once and a while you find a dinosaur independent

Last edited by Jluff; 06/17/22 09:27 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex_ELMAN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have installed 5 of them. They are simple, easy to set up and seem to be reliable too. Its about a month and we have had no problems yet. I can say alpha controller is an improved version of smartrise which is way better than smartrise. Their tech-support is awesome. I know at least one of the tech-support people from smartrise. Looks like all the good people from smartrise have moved to alpha now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ASME17)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It is very similar to smartrise, and is designed by smartrise engineers who have left the company. They tried to keep it simple and as close as possible to smartrise so people know how to use it out of the box. And I agree with previous comments, It appears to be a better version of smartrise controller with better support. Maybe its because they have not sold millions of them yet. Will figure out soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That car top box looks terrible and cheap though...



   
ReplyQuote
(@x79133000)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have 3 Alpha controllers running, it's been a couple of months now and so far so good. They are very similar to Smartrise controllers like other comments also mentions. I think I like them better than Smart rise



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have installed almost 8 units so far and more coming , they work great ! had no issue with them very reliable and as some of you said the support is fantastic, and the management team is great to work with. I am a big Fan. Yes tall the engineers are senior engineers from the industry. You are not getting someone reading of the manual for you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How about traction controller ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know they are working on coming up with one but I was told they are still in the beta stages. If it is as reliable as the Hydro they I am sure we will be using it as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@x79133000)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We installed 3 Alpha controllers about 6 month ago, and they have been working great. Not a single call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just downloaded the App alpha has, and I was very pleased to say the least ! IT WORKS !! The person that order the jobs messed up on the ordering forms, want it took is a quick call to support, 5 min later I configured to controller with my app, and programmed it !! no laptop , no internet , no special equipment ! LOVE IT , game changer for me for sure .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Installing my first Alpha controller in a few weeks. Any tips



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top