Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Adams Soft Stop

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,091 Views
(@BaldPointGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37993]
Does anyone know if this is a good product to help with elevator chatter? I looked on the internet and could not find anyone who sold it. Any idea? Any better product?

Thanks for your help!
AF



   
Quote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you are referring to a hydraulic elevator, I have had great success with Maxton's Max Glide.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BaldPointGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes, I should have mentioned that! I think the issue is heat-related to the elevator shaft; it's very hot here in Florida right now. Did you purchase it from Maxton?

Four stop hydraulic elevator, chattering at each stop all of a sudden. Variable: Heat. Recently changed the oil in the reservoir and repacked the cylinder.

Thanks!

Allan



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maxglide esthetic bees knees. I've fixed some issues with it. It works well if stick slip is truly your root cause of the issue



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Old hydro oil that looses its lubricious properties can generate a glazing on the piston as well which presents the same result as super tight packing. If you’ve replaced nearly all of the old oil and added a product to reduce or eliminate chatter and it still binds in leveling, a deglazing of the piston might be needed as well. I believe we used a citrus based degreaser. But I would ask; is the slowdown distance and leveling speed based on rated FPM?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have a local caterpillar dealer you can usually pick up CAT oil friction modifier from them same day



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top