I’m in Alaska working on an old Otis that has had a pana 40 upgrade in the past. The problem now is that the light curtain is active in phase 1 fire service (car doesn’t have phase 2). I can easily use a pair of unused contacts on the HEO relay to disable the light ray on fire service but the doors will close at high speed with too much kinetic energy. This car doesn’t have nudging either. I’m haveing a problem figuring out how it originally worked, I’m guessing the safe edge remained active at all times? Am I going to have to use some contacts in the HEO relay to keep the door out of high speed?
I do have prints for this elevator. And help is greatly appreciated.
Joe
I can email you a PDF of the drawings if you wanna message me an address or phone number.
Same scenario here. The light curtain was added years ago and the inspector just found it and wrote it up. Turns out that we have already sold them an operator upgrade, so that should correct the fire service issue.
Same customer, different elevator (US 1230 hydro) was written up because of insufficient bottom runby. It’s been that way for decades with no way to get the proper runby without bottoming out the jack before the buffer is compressed....
It’s job security for me 🙂