Elevator Forum

400a miconic keypad...
 
Notifications
Clear all

400a miconic keypad not functioning in controller

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.1 K Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7744]
I have a 400a that the buttons 4 buttons under the screen in the controller don't do anything. Normally you touch the ok, and you will get a login prompt. 1 of the cars the buttons do nothing it's like they are turned off. I have all the chips how do I turn the key pad back on? Or am I screwed?



   
Quote
(@SEC Reject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you even get a click when you press them? I have seen several of these screens in everything from 321As, 330As, and TX-R5s go bad. The button presses, but there is no auditory click or feeling.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Nothing it is like they were shut off!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They cannot be shut off. Carefully pry off plastic and press little micro under neath



   
ReplyQuote
(@Derick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
turn the power off and drain the capacitor for 10min then try it again



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi,
Is this a new contract you've took on? If so I'd check that the previous Co haven't cut any tracks on pcb to render the buttons inoperable, to make the new guys look incompitent or spend money, believe me I've seen it done, and it's easy to do & prob last thing you'd look for, it's prob not the case but I'd check,

Dave



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've had the micros not work, just push on them over and over 'till they start clicking. They will start to work eventually.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SEC Reject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If there is no click at all, then it is the micros that are bad. They seem to fail at an alarming rate for me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So the tabs that stick out the back of the plastic buttons were broken off so nothing would hit the micros. Sabotage! Maybe? That's not cool. Thank you for your help guys, keypads work.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your welcome



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did mention it could be, seen it to many times

Dave



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top