Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/04/2023 5:35 am
Wye Delta starter on a 97 otis 211 started acting up and customer opted to replace it with a siemens soft starter. Controller displays DCCS faults after installation of the siemens soft starter. Prints arent real clear on how to wire up the DCC circuit when going from wye delta contactors to siemens soft starter, as i just have a generic 211 install book. Also are there parameters that need to be changed i did invert dcc and wcc for testing purposes starter options parameter is currently set at 001.
Topic starter
04/04/2023 5:59 am
According to the book the starter option for solid state starter is 002 when parameter is changed to this i get a STAR fault which book says is failure of starter to start but it does this instantly when there is no call for the starter to start and the starter runs fine when tested in valve bypass.
Topic starter
04/04/2023 9:26 am
Thanks dirt much appreciated
Topic starter
07/04/2023 4:14 am
The IOBD board for the 211 is the previous gen one with the external solid state relays soldered on the board. Looks to have all inputs outputs and parameters pretty close just labeled differently on the board. Do you know if there are any differences between the 2 boards other than labeling. Pretty remote site figure i will be out there again in a week or 2. The iobd board on the unit is ABA26800TS and the units i have on route that pin out exactly as prints showing soft starter addition is ACA26800YA.
07/04/2023 7:55 am
I’ll send you something else
21/12/2023 6:18 am
I have to put a siemes soft start in a 211 this week if any of you guys have any paperwork I wouldnt mind taking a look at it. I've only put in 2-3 other soft starts but they were on dovers and generals
Topic starter
22/12/2023 4:59 pm
What's your email I can send you the stuff dirt shared with me it is pretty easy.
24/12/2023 5:17 am
bowtiedrooster16 @ yahoo
25/09/2024 4:46 am
Jankemech, would you mind sending me the info on this installation? TIA
22/05/2025 1:12 am
Jankemech if you can please send me aswell. I am needing to do this on one of my jobs but have been dragging my feet. Now the start run relays are burnt out so I want to swap to a soft start.
01/08/2025 3:20 am
I'm putting a soft starter on a 1997 211 m, after putting the soft start on and matching the wire exactly to the other car in the building that should be identical, whenever I kick on power I get shd, it looks like the fault is a DCC fault. However when i plug in an otis tool i get ST across the screen so the DCC fault is all i have. The starter used to be an across the line and I noticed there is an area of the prints where it mentions software inverting it. Going off of the numbers on the software chips they appear to be identical as the other car. By chance do anyone have any info that might help? We've been working on it for a couple days and are at a loss. If anyone has a write up or any advice it would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected] if anything can be emailed. Thanks so much in advance.
01/08/2025 4:52 am
You have to go in and change a couple parameters, and also move a couple suitcase jumpers. I'll email you a write up I made tonight
01/08/2025 6:48 pm
I tried emailing you some stuff last night but for whatever reason it doesn't look like my emails are sending .. change Mcss param "INVERT WCC/MUS" to a 1