I have a problematic old U.S. Elevator. It was installed in 1982, serial number 15-136-19076. It is a 3 stop. I have some prints, but it appears to have a page or 2 missing. I can not find the landing system on any of the prints I have. Also this elevator is @ 500 miles from my office. Several months ago it was having a problem, if you give it a call to the mid or upper landing it will get stuck in a loop running top to bottom without opening the doors until it finally stops at the bottom. I cleaned all of the vane switches and adjusted the vanes, and tested all of the hoist way switches, that didn't help. Next I pulled every ice cube relay one by one to inspect the contacts and pins. I did find a couple pins that were bent and possibly not making good contact. After doing this I could not make it fail. It has ran with no problems for the last 6 or 8 months. A couple days ago the client called in with the same problem once again. I'm headed down there next Monday and just wanted to check in here to see if anyone has relevant prints and possibly dealt with this issue before. What I posted above is all the job specific info I have on hand. They have asked us to quote a modernization, but in the mean time they need to use it.
Thanks in advance
Joe
I would also check/replace relays in the stepping circuit such as; STU, STD, STO, STE and DZ. If your driving 500 miles to this job, I'd certainly take new relays to cover both circuits. R10 48VDC 4 pole latching and 4 and 6 pole standard relays are for U.S. equipment of the vintage you describe.
Download
Dan, I just sent you a PM with my info. Maybe I can get her running tip-top so they won't need to mod it...
elmcannic, I'm actually flying down there. There are extra relays on-site so that shouldn't be an issue.
All the relays appear to be working. The latching relays, the flip flop relays, the s relays and the c relays. STU, STD, STX are all functioning. Only thing I'm seeing is SST doesnt energize so CA can't drop out. it will occasionally stop at the 2nd floor, but it's probably less than 10% of the runs.
Apparently the normally closed contact was not opening when the relay was energized, at least not with any regularly.
Thanks again Dan!!