Elevator Forum

1969 Montgomery Hyd...
 
Notifications
Clear all

1969 Montgomery Hydro

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,861 Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35305]
I'm really hoping someone can help me with a set of prints for this thing. It's a 1969 Montgomery hydro with manual freight doors and a 2 coil Montgomery valve. I have a lot of old prints but can't find anything with similar enough terminal numbers to put a meter anywhere. Anything even remotely close to identify safe, door locks, & gate would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0609 Large.png (2.43 MB, 54 downloads)
IMG_0610 Large.png (2.5 MB, 43 downloads)
IMG_0611 Large.png (2.48 MB, 37 downloads)
IMG_0616 Large.png (2.65 MB, 35 downloads)
IMG_0619 Large.png (2.33 MB, 27 downloads)
IMG_0622 Large.png (2.43 MB, 48 downloads)



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have worked on many a Montgomery Hydro, and I d not think this is a Mongomery.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe the tank and valve are Montgomery, what do they look like?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In 1969 Montgomery was using Potter Brumfield relays on their hydro's. The terminal block markings do seem like Montgomery though. Very odd.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ya, the terminals and relay names are pretty similar to Montgomery but I'm stumped on it... I hope someone out there know what it is.
Attachments
IMG_0625 Large.png (2.23 MB, 34 downloads)
IMG_0629 Large.png (2.32 MB, 31 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So, I have seen tanks like this in confined type spaces. You do have a Montgomery there. Have you tried Spares with the job number? I have looked and have nothing similar at all.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have not, you think that serial number off the cross head data tag would work? I did end up finding 3 prints that are similar. They have a K relay for doors closed anyway, the terminals are all C3, C4, etc but maybe if I ignore the C. My problem is simple, there are no relays picked in the controller except the alarm bell relay when you push a hall button so probably safe, door locks, or gate. This may be enough to go back with but I’d feel a lot better with a print that matched. I thought maybe Montgomery had put their name on another manufacturer’s controller that someone might recognize. I’ve seen US IBM relay controllers that Montgomery painted dark grey and put their name on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The crosshead number should work as a job number.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Montgomery almost always had a C before their job numbers, but this could have been an earlier controller. These relays look like old Haughton Hydro relays. I must say you always come up with interesting problems.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Here are the prints I found
Attachments
ME-HF-1970-WD-003-002 3S SAPB ML DR (SAN JOSE) CL_Page_1.png (268.15 KB, 26 downloads)
ME-HF-1970-WD-023-001 2S SAPB (SAN JOSE) CL.png (326.35 KB, 18 downloads)
ME-HF-1970-WD-024-001 2S SAPB (SAN JOSE) DL.png (301.59 KB, 13 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The numbers aren't close. I only count 29 field wires. You are going to have to get into the junction box in the hoistway and hand-wire this puppy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dirt send an email to [email protected] I have 1968 and 1970 prints



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top