Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@David Ortiz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I work for a genomics company. Getting out and getting some real experience so that next time I apply I'm a better candidate.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone call the local today?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Eros
Anyone call the local today?

Im in the glazier union after transfer from iron workers cause they were paying enough to provide for my family. Yes I spoke to Jim leanord. I'm number 26, he said I should be expecting a call within the week. They have like 15 guys going in for orientation tomorrow I believe... so my feeling is that the following week they could send another 15 or so to orientation which makes sense if the demand is true to what the word on the street is. I have a friend going to the orientation and he's gonna give me all the details when he can



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Right on str8 on the feedback



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeaaaah boyyee



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Things happen for a reason bro.. Maybe you'll get the experience to put you at the top next time



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Right on.. Are you a glazier in San Ramon by chance? I'm an electrician apprentice at the city center project



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Na Santa Clara square. Union electrical apprentice in commercial? Cause if that's the case I would just stick with that man. Elevators plumber and electricians are the top. If anyone's already in one of those unions I would for sure recommend staying. I'm gonna get like a $10 dollar raise right away and wouldn't sell myself short over decades of work switching trades. But electrical would be close over your career financially



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
Na Santa Clara square. Union electrical apprentice in commercial? Cause if that's the case I would just stick with that man. Elevators plumber and electricians are the top. If anyone's already in one of those unions I would for sure recommend staying. I'm gonna get like a $10 dollar raise right away and wouldn't sell myself short over decades of work switching trades. But electrical would be close over your career financially

Nah I'm definitely union. Money wasn't a driving factor for me at all.. I applied thinking the elevator trade would be a better fit because I'd like to do electrical, hydraulics, welding etc. I'm about to be a 4th year apprentice so I might just ride it out. I have a great background but my interview wasn't the best I could've given. So it's not all about the background fellas!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where did you place in the list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
Where did you place in the list?

135



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Daaaamn what was interview score? I think it also depends on who was doing the interviewing, I had four employees and one older man that pretty much ran the interview and seemed into me. Pretty sure he was some super head honcho old timer . I say this cause your way more qualified then me I think ranked top 30. Luck of the draw



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
87%. I was interviewed by 2 employees and a top guy for Thyssen & Krup I believe. Main person doing the questioning was a lady who I thought really liked my interview.. I wasn't sure about the head honcho and the other guy.

It's all good.. Buying a house in Fremont so I think things happened for a reason. Congrats to you bro! You should start in no time.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just called the union they're at ranking number 18



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Eros
Just called the union they're at ranking number 18

Wonderful!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top