Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@slickrick1102)
New Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 3
 
Im 389 i hope they start flying by on the list.



   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Originally Posted by Slickrick1102
Im 389 i hope they start flying by on the list.

For it being only 3 weeks since the list started I think it’s moving at a good pace.



   
ReplyQuote
 Rome
(@rome)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
What’s the starting wage like once we’re in?



   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Originally Posted by Rome
What’s the starting wage like once we’re in?

I believe it’s $34/hr. Where did you rank?



   
ReplyQuote
 Rome
(@rome)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
Ranked at 168!



   
ReplyQuote
(@precise)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Originally Posted by JTG
Originally Posted by Rome
What’s the starting wage like once we’re in?

I believe it’s $34/hr. Where did you rank?

$34 as an apprentice no matter the local?

Last edited by Precise; 07/01/19 09:16 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Originally Posted by Rome
Ranked at 168!

I’m hoping the list starts moving again. It seems like it’s stopped at 36 now for a bit.

Originally Posted by Precise
Originally Posted by JTG
Originally Posted by Rome
What’s the starting wage like once we’re in?

I believe it’s $34/hr. Where did you rank?

$34 as an apprentice no matter the local?

Not every local. That’s the starting for local 8. Not sure what other locals are but it’s usually 50% of the mechanics wage for whatever the local specifies mechanic wage to be.



   
ReplyQuote
(@precise)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Thanks for the reply, Local 1 and 3 I'm applying for. Any certificates I should get to help my chances?



   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Originally Posted by Precise
Thanks for the reply, Local 1 and 3 I'm applying for. Any certificates I should get to help my chances?

Any safety certs. Osha 10 or 30 is really beneficial. I would put a small portfolio of projects you’ve worked on with pictures included. Mechanical stuff should be the focus.



   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
List is now at 39 for local 8.



   
ReplyQuote
 Rome
(@rome)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
http://www.iuec8.org/?zone=/unionac... 31&page=Apprenticeship202620Training

Here you can see how far along the list they are!

Last edited by Rome; 07/02/19 06:57 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Rome
(@rome)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
JTG, probably another week or two and you’ll get called! Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by Rome; 07/02/19 09:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Originally Posted by Rome
JTG, probably another week or two and you’ll get called! Let us know how it goes!

God willing! I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for a good while. Excited and I will definitely update everyone here.



   
ReplyQuote
 JTG
(@jtg)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 17
 
Moved to #43!



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
List is at #48, 200 more to go.. lol



   
ReplyQuote
Page 36 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top