Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
That’s my guess every two years



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
@eros , why don’t you think you’ll get in aren’t you number 26?



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by Eros
Originally Posted by Rique925
[quote=Eros]I hope so it’s been really slow this year

I’d suggest to apply for SF if your not called in by next year

yeah thats the plan 👍



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Originally Posted by Stacks415
@eros , why don’t you think you’ll get in aren’t you number 26?

Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

Last edited by Eros; 05/05/18 07:06 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Originally Posted by Eros
Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

The list started this time last year. How many people did they go through? A LOT. if you add the # on the bench to your number you're sitting at what 34? You will be called. If I was 180 on the list and up initially I'd be concerned. You, however, are fine. It might be August, or October, but you will get called. So don't worry, just make the most of the opportunity when it comes.

You other guys work on your qualifications and don't f up the interview next time. I failed the interview process twice (Charlotte 135 & Reading PA 84). But I wanted in so I applied everywhere (Raleigh 80, Richmond 51, Baltimore 7, DC 10, Philly 5). You want the truth? Move. If you've been paying attention, Austin (135), Raliegh (80), Nashville (93) all recruit more than once a year. Local 8 is huge, you're going to have to travel anyway.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Originally Posted by hog451
Originally Posted by Eros
Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

The list started this time last year. How many people did they go through? A LOT. if you add the # on the bench to your number you're sitting at what 34? You will be called. If I was 180 on the list and up initially I'd be concerned. You, however, are fine. It might be August, or October, but you will get called. So don't worry, just make the most of the opportunity when it comes.

You other guys work on your qualifications and don't f up the interview next time. I failed the interview process twice (Charlotte 135 & Reading PA 84). But I wanted in so I applied everywhere (Raleigh 80, Richmond 51, Baltimore 7, DC 10, Philly 5). You want the truth? Move. If you've been paying attention, Austin (135), Raliegh (80), Nashville (93) all recruit more than once a year. Local 8 is huge, you're going to have to travel anyway.

Thanks for the great info hog!



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by hog451
Originally Posted by Eros
Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

The list started this time last year. How many people did they go through? A LOT. if you add the # on the bench to your number you're sitting at what 34? You will be called. If I was 180 on the list and up initially I'd be concerned. You, however, are fine. It might be August, or October, but you will get called. So don't worry, just make the most of the opportunity when it comes.

You other guys work on your qualifications and don't f up the interview next time. I failed the interview process twice (Charlotte 135 & Reading PA 84). But I wanted in so I applied everywhere (Raleigh 80, Richmond 51, Baltimore 7, DC 10, Philly 5). You want the truth? Move. If you've been paying attention, Austin (135), Raliegh (80), Nashville (93) all recruit more than once a year. Local 8 is huge, you're going to have to travel anyway.

what about me hog im #37/60 on the reno list, it started on valentines day



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Originally Posted by Rique925
what about me hog im #37/60 on the reno list, it started on valentines day

I don't know. Maybe? The list is good for two years, so think about it, "2-14-20" that's a long time. 37 on the list doesn't seem bad. But like I've said before, you're going to wait. What's 60? is that the list total?

I'm just another apprentice/helper that made it through the probie period and has actually kept up with this forum.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Originally Posted by hog451
Originally Posted by Rique925
what about me hog im #37/60 on the reno list, it started on valentines day

I don't know. Maybe? The list is good for two years, so think about it, "2-14-20" that's a long time. 37 on the list doesn't seem bad. But like I've said before, you're going to wait. What's 60? is that the list total?

I'm just another apprentice/helper that made it through the probie period and has actually kept up with this forum.

yeah out of 60 man, i appreciate the help hog



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I was 19 now I’m 20 they added a veteran on the list but the bench has become smaller



   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
Apply somewhere else. I was going to transfer from SF to Reno to live in Tahoe (already from Auburn). Jim talked me out of it, less than 30 people hired in Reno in the past 5 years. Someone basically needs to die for a position to open, then you fight everyone else for it.

Actually planning on selling and moving to Hollister... Been working in Monterey and I can live with it down here.

Edit for replying to riq. Not sure why it didn't quote you.

Last edited by The one true moo; 05/08/18 09:13 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
Lol dude i think i met you in monterey



   
ReplyQuote
(@electech)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 64
 
I second considering a move for those that really want in and have that flexibility. I moved twice to get in. Turns out I didn't need to move the second time because I got the call from the city I moved away from anyways. But regardless, the ability/willingness to move was huge. 3000 miles away huge.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mark32)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 15
 
Hypothetically if one were to move and accept employment, how difficult is it to transfer back to a your home local?



   
ReplyQuote
(@electech)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 64
 
I think you'd have to finish the probie phase first, after that it's probably just be a matter of if there is enough work in your home local to get hired on there. I don't know how long it takes or how to apply for that, but there are transient apprentices working in our local, so it does happen.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top