Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
Be prepared to leave them high and dry if they dont know that youre leaving. You get the call and you need to report when they tell you



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
From what I heard you got to quit and go .cant put in two weeks because they need that spot filled in ASAP in the union

@stacks what rank number are you at the moment?

Last edited by Eros; 12/28/17 05:04 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@justwolf)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 144
 
When you get the call, that is when they need you. Remember they can call the next guy and you won't get called again. Simple as that.



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31

   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
@eros - I’m not sure I got ranked 108, last time I called in like November I was like 22. It went up and down and I think it was because of helmets to hard hats I didn’t ask. I’m going to call the hall again next week.

@esco- lol that’s funny. My job is whatever I’m a bowling alley mechanic.



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
I was 14 last I checked, the lady said I should be in within the first two weeks of the new year.

I'm a CWI so either way it's fine with me. Going to take an initial paycut for a year or so.... Plus traveling to SF from Auburn.



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@esco)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 31
 
Damn from sac...i think ariund june or July im in , which is fine can get more time in my teacher retirement, but if i get the call sooner...im out i dont care if bell just rang to stsrt class



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Originally Posted by The one true moo
I was 14 last I checked, the lady said I should be in within the first two weeks of the new year.

I'm a CWI so either way it's fine with me. Going to take an initial paycut for a year or so.... Plus traveling to SF from Auburn.

Nice!! Let us know when you get the call bro



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48

   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
Yea best bet is calling late thursday or even friday. Ive noticed they mainly call people on thursday, possibly because the union work week starts on friday and ends Thursday



   
ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top