Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
*(image not available in this archive)*



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Each one of those circles represents an area within a local. Each area has their own apprenticeships and rankings, we've gone over this before. Local 8 had just closed the application process for Reno (one of those circles).



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Dude get it through your head there is only one ranking system for the entire local 8 jurisdiction.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Westcoast is correct, only one apprenticeship list for local 8. We get assigned according to where we live, so if our base is SF and we have work in Reno we get per-diem and mileage. I think we also get a % increase in wage but I may be wrong.

Last edited by Ext1nct; 11/19/17 04:42 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@dmart144)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 29
 
Listen to hog, he knows everything



   
ReplyQuote
 MVM
(@mvm)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 13
 
Originally Posted by dmart144
Listen to hog, he knows everything

😂😂😂



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Peace.



   
ReplyQuote
(@joe45)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 58
 
Hog is right. Couple of my buddies just applied to the Reno list that was just open. Same thing with local 18 there are two local 18 list one for LA and the other for Vegas.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Just applied to Reno, I'm from the East Bay Im driving there on Tuesday to go take my test the next morning, eventually when I get my interview i hope I do well because that's what's really going to count! I'm kind've nervous I'd appreciate any pointers!

Last edited by Rique925; 11/23/17 07:18 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
Happy thanks giving nerds



   
ReplyQuote
(@joe45)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 58
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@rique925)
Reputable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 324
 
Thanks joe45



   
ReplyQuote
(@joaquin)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Originally Posted by hog451
Originally Posted by Joaquin
I got an email about a week ago saying :

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."

Did you apply to any other apprenticeships? Like Reno? I only ask because I applied to several locals before I got hired and since you only have to take the EIAT once, you get that email when they file other other test takers.

I saw Reno was hiring so I started the process. When i saw it was still local 8 I didn't continue. Still received that email. We'll see what happens.



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32
 
Anyone call the hall?



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48
 
They have been stuck on 88. I hear they wont call anymore till january. Most likely to avoid paying holidays, from what i hear anyways... lol



   
ReplyQuote
Page 19 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top