Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just called they're on number 37 so I am currently 86



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just like the prediction o the stock market crash lol. Everyone said there was tons of work and the employers couldn't wait to get there hands on the new list. 37 already is nuts. The demand is real. One thing I can't and they won't emphasize enough, is to make sure to take care of your paperwork end. A lot of guys are getting cut because they're not taking it seriously and doing their paperwork. It's about more then showing up. They ask a lot of us as probationary apprentices. And ps if you end up with Otis your def looking at 12 hour days and weekends.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What paperwork? Like for the hiring process or work related?

Good to know they have plenty of work. What do they have you doing so far?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well im just hoping things continue at this pace. Im just excited to start, hopefully in a couple more months. Anyone else have any insite or tips? New info?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Ext1nct
What paperwork? Like for the hiring process or work related?

Good to know they have plenty of work. What do they have you doing so far?

Your time sheets. You have to record your hours for everyday on two separate sheets. On top of that you have to make copies and turn them in. Preferbly every month. Some guys get behind and get kicked out. Plus make more copies to keep for yourself just i case. I'm replacing cab interiors right now. Working in repair, not new construction



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What are the hours like ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
From what I know

Construction works 4 ten hour days Monday through Thursday.
Mod & service (including repair) work Monday through Friday 8 hour days.

With the new agreement Mod can work the four day week but that doesn't start until July 7th.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks...



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe that they are around ~#42

And @hog451, do you know of anywhere online we could find the new agreement to read? Or will it only be available after it goes into effect?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can't find it yet. Since I'm not a union member (probie for a year) I can't ask for it either. I guess we will have to wait and see. I know about the mod hour change because I was in mod. Recently moved to new installation, work in mod slowed down. I actually like new installation work better.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the information fellas



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No problem, they are now at at least 47 since I got a call today. Orientation Thursday. My flight leaves in 9 hours.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats!! Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by Eros; 06/20/17 01:34 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats man! What number were you?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was 47. I don't think I've picked up a phone that fast in my life. Just gotta make the most out of this opportunity now.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top