Elevator Forum

Local 19 Seattle
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 19 Seattle

251 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
372.2 K Views
(@Skycap)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've looked at that area and wouldn't mind it. Also I've heard a lot about Puyallup area and the guys love it. Kind of kicking myself for signing a place in Kirkland. My lady got a full time teaching job offer there and didn't want to commute🤷. I'm looking for property for me and my dogs. A shop or garage is needed. I'm going stir crazy not being able to do my own projects. Any TKE guys going to quarterly safety meeting on Tuesday?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called today list is on #76 still..



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just called and she said they are at 72....either moving backwards or she doesn't even look.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
She didn't look, Jim Norris was the one to tell me that there on #76



   
ReplyQuote
(@Trfytoy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Jim Norris is the man to talk to.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
just called this morning, still at 76. <sad face>



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you at on the list nvno1?



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm a good ways out in the 140's. I'm just hoping the list moves a little quicker so that they make it that far. In the back of my mind I fully expect the list to stop in the 120's and I'll have to start over this coming January. It's okay, I'm still really excited about the career opportunity and next time I'll know exactly what to expect whereas this time I was like a deer in the headlights. I actually did really good on the test, but I get so nervous for interviews (especially ones that could change my life!).

Just called this morning and the list is at #77. Jim said that the construction companies in town are getting some larger projects to a point where they will need more elevator guys soon. He think it should start moving in about a month and could move fairly quickly.

Last edited by nvno1; 03/05/20 05:30 PM. Reason: updated with list number


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Appreciate the update man, hope you get the called this time around too brotha, I'm almost in the top ten now, so hopefully ill start next month!



   
ReplyQuote
(@locomoto22)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sup fellas, finished my interview last month and i just wanted to ask what certs and education everyone had to kind of see how they graded my interview.
I completed power line school and also have some handyman work experience with my dad. Do they see that as a plus? Local 18 by the way. Thank you!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard the governor is opening up construction again this Friday! Hopefully the list starts moving again!



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rique are you in the trade yet? I mean you've been here forever.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haha not yet , u would've been already if it wasn't for this Corona virus bs



   
ReplyQuote
(@Humiston)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Man, your telling me. I'm number 78 so I just barely missed getting on last year. Got a text in November from Jim asking if I was still interested and that I was third in line. These last 6 months have been excruciating. I'm working a super miserable job right now and can't wait. Hopefully just a couple weeks at most as the stay at home enters phase 2



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Humiston
Man, your telling me. I'm number 78 so I just barely missed getting on last year. Got a text in November from Jim asking if I was still interested and that I was third in line. These last 6 months have been excruciating. I'm working a super miserable job right now and can't wait. Hopefully just a couple weeks at most as the stay at home enters phase 2

I feel you brotha, same story here, and I heard end of June till phase 2 starts, but even then idk if the elevator trade
Is going to pick up, phase 2 just says some more construction is going to open up



   
ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 17
Share:
Scroll to Top