Elevator Forum

Local 135 Charlotte...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 135 Charlotte recruitment

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
53.5 K Views
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@ Frankra8er. Any new update on your rank? Curious to know how they ranked you after the missed call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Frankra8er)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Lee. Got my call yesterday. Went in the union hall today, filled out all my paperwork. I start Monday for Mitsubishi. So all is good and today just happens to be my birthday.



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Frankra8er Congrats man! Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a damn good birthday. Good luck out there!

Last edited by Lee; 06/08/18 11:41 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone still following? Found out I am number 3 on the list and want to be prepared with a compliant safety boot. If anyone knows this info please share. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis requires steel toe, electrical hazard and puncture resistant. I wear Keens. They are super comfortable, but wear out quickly. I can get a year out of them, but I work new installation and we shred boots.



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the heads up hog451. I will look into Keens

Last edited by Lee; 07/02/18 10:20 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Got another question for anyone who can answer. Heard a few things. All hear say on benefiting from travel expenses? Having a choice on hotel or on your own as far as perdiem goes. Wondering if having a camper trailer would be a good investment for out of town work. Thanks in advance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@ Lee with as much work as i have heard that Charlotte has tons of local work, that's where you will be working primarily. Any out of town work will be random, and definitely not worth buying a camper trailer,



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Appreciate it hog451. Good to know we have a ton of local work. Does the union compensate differently when choosing not to stay in a hotel or is that hear say?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chuggins25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did anyone recently get picked up by Otis? Just wondering we had 3 new hires in for orientation the other day.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buckeye356)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you get called do you have time to put in a 2 weeks notice? The reason I ask is because one guy said they called and he started the next day.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You got to report to the union the next day for orientation



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buckeye356)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So they don't give you time to notify your current job that you will be quitting?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@buckeye: there is no time for a notice. It's "We have a job take it or we move on."

@Lee the Union does not compensate you, your company does. The union negotiated the terms of employment including per diem and travel reimbursement. You get perdiem whenever you're in a zone that has perdiem, Zones will be explained to you when you get hired. if you'rein a zone that qualifies for a hotel reimbursement; you get the room (keep it reasonable) they pay you back.

When I was hired I reported to the company, not the union. I didn't meet with a union guy until a month or so after I was hired. Each local is different.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dude you should be on top o your Crap and call every week until you are like 5 away from being called that's when yo put in your two weeks,even then they might call you in quicker.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top